Johnna S. Temenoff
Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
U. A. Whitaker Building
313 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0535
BME (Whitaker) 2112
Johnna S. Temenoff
Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Bioengineering, Rice University, 2003-2005
- Ph.D. Bioengineering, Rice University, 2003
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- B.A. French, Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- 2010, American Society of Engineering Education Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award
- Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning CETL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, 2010
- 2008, NSF CAREER Award
- 2005, Arthritis Foundation Investigator Award
- 2004-2005, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston's Comprehensive Research Training Program in Craniofacial and Oral Biology Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship, U. Texas/Rice University
- 2005, R. Budd Award, Best Thesis in the School of Engineering, Rice University
- 1998-2003, Whitaker Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- 1998, National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- 1996, Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Temenoff JS, Mikos AG. Biomaterials: The Intersection of Biology and Materials Science. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice-Hall, 2007. (Read more information here.)
Selected Research Publications
- Hammoudi TM, Lu H, Temenoff JS. Long-term spatially defined coculture within three-dimensional photopatterned hydrogels. Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods 2010 Jun 7.
- Yang PJ, Temenoff JS. Engineering orthopaedic tissue interfaces. Tissue Engineering Part B: Methods 2009 15(2):127-41.
- Brink KS, Yang PJ, Temenoff JS. Degradative properties and cytocompatibility of a mixed-mode hydrogel containing oligo[poly(ethylene glycol) fumarate] and poly(ethylene glycol) dithiol. Acta Biomaterialia 2009 5(2):570-9.
- Doroski DM, Brink KS, Temenoff JS. Techniques for biological characterization of tissue-engineered tendon and ligament. Biomaterials 2007 Dec;28(2):187-202.
- Temenoff JS, Park H, Holland TA, Tabata Y, Mikos AG. Delivery of TGF-b1 and chondrocytes via injectable, biodegradable hydrogels for cartilage tissue engineering applications. Biomaterials 2005;26(34):7095-7103.
- Temenoff JS, Park H, Jabbari E, Sheffield TL, LeBaron RG, Ambrose CG, Mikos AG. In-vitro osteogenic differentiation of marrow stromal cells encapsulated in biodegradable hydrogels. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 2004;70A:235-244.
- Temenoff JS, Athanasiou KA, LeBaron RG, Mikos AG. Effect of poly(ethylene glycol) molecular weight on tensile and swelling properties of oligo(poly(ethylene glycol) fumarate) hydrogels for cartilage tissue engineering. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research 2002;59:429-437.
- Temenoff JS, Mikos AG. Injectable biodegradable materials for orthopaedic tissue engineering. Biomaterials 2000;21:2405-2412.
- Temenoff JS, Mikos AG. Review: tissue engineering for regeneration of articular cartilage. Biomaterials 2000;21:431-440.